Wednesday 25 February 2009

Bottle garden


A year ago today we moved into our rented house, this is not a picture of my house but it is a house that is very similar to mine a few streets away. Our house and this one is a Victorian terraced house that was built about 100 years ago but I'm unsure of exactly when. There seems to be a handful of houses around my area that have a display in their window that seems to be for the benefit for the people who walk past rather than the residents, sometimes its tiny tea sets and plates or figurines, dolls etc but I have never seen one as pretty as this. My mum told me that during the war people used to hang their curtains with the pattern showing outside, to show that they could afford nice things, maybe this is a similar mindset, or maybe it is for the purpose of making people smile, like it does me.

No comments:

Post a Comment